Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tough Decision

Step 1-Define the decision clearly. I have to make a decision about going to graduate school in the near future. I know going to graduate school I will receive my master’s degree, and achieve a life long dream.
Step2- Consider all the possible choices. Some possible choices besides going to graduate school would be to return to the community college and work on another two year degree, open my own business, and work full time.
Step 3- Gather all relevant information and evaluate the pros and cons of each possible choice.
Some of the pros would be having my own business, receiving another 2-year degree, income, and being my own boss. Some the cons would be working over 12hours a day, full time student, lots of school work to do,and have to manage a business on my own.
Step 4- Select the choice that seems to best meet the needs of the situation. The choice that I choose to meet my situation needs would be to go to graduate school. I will receive a higher degree, which will help me to earn a higher income in the near future.
Step 5- Implement a plan of action and then monitor the results making necessary adjustments. I will do my best to complete my bachelor’s degree in Adult Education so that I can apply for graduate school when I’m done. I will try to keep a GPA that is well enough for me to be accepted into graduate school, and make adjustments in my educational goals when necessary.

3 comments:

  1. This decision for you may be the hardest but in my opinion if you are considering graduate school make a way for it to work. I put off going back to school for over 20 years to complete my bachelor's degree and each year I kept having something come up to stop me short of going back. I think that your decision will initially be hard but once you way out the benefits of graduate degree with a career you will be more pleased to push for completing it. Have you checked for online programs? This would certainly be an option for you so that you could work even part time and do your school work. At any case, your decision to continue with graduate school is a great one. I will be maneuvering into a graduate program after completing this program and know that while it will be a little more work, the outcome will be a great one.
    Good luck and I hope that my words of encouragement have inspired you to continue your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious as to why you would like to complete your graduate degree? Understanding the why always makes understanding the pros and cons much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your options are plausible. The question I have is, do you want to be your own boss and run your own business, or work for someone else? A MA will help you build a good foundation for either choice. However which option is your heart's desire? We often follow the path we always follow or follow the easy path or follow the path someone expects us to follow. Take the time to "prelive" your choice, see yourself in that future. Your choice needs to be rewarding on as many levels as you can imagine. The effort you are going to put in should match what you get out. Only you can research, evaluate and choose what's the right path for you. I wish you luck which ever choice you make.

    ReplyDelete